- Looked at somebody’s conduct in a situation
- Not minded our own business even one little bit
- Taken the liberty to audibly condemned said human
- Or, taken the opportunity to highlight how we are much better and wiser
- All to some unfortunate listener(s) (possibly even inclusive of the poor soul who promoted the whole debacle).
Because, OH YES!
- ” I would NEVER do that to my friends”
- “I would NEVER expect my friend to do that for me”
- “I would NEVER move in with my parents at THAT age!”
- “I would NEVER cheat on my partner”
- “I would NEVER get addicted to THAT”
- “Oh aren’t they all just such awful people!”
- “If I could die in your place, I would do it in a heart-beat”
(this list will never end, so imagine it doesn’t and lets move on)
Can we REALLY claim any glory to our noble names? If we have not had the misfortune to be in a position where the temptation, or the necessity of the above shamed actions/lack of action, has presented itself circumstantially in our lives?
And even if one of our self righteous accusations did hold any truth, can we really claim that we have never given in to a temptation of some kind…